What’s in it for you?
An interesting opportunity in a leading GI firm to be part of a highly collaborative and supportive environment offering the opportunity to provide leadership to a hardworking and innovative team. You’ll be exposed to all business lines across personal and commercial; actively engaging key stakeholders across the business including Head of Actuarial for Personal and Commercial Lines.
This role involves working closely with the Insurance Head of Capital & Reserving and the managers within the team in providing a second line of defence on all P&C risk activities.
Who you are?
A smart, tenacious and ambitious leader with excellent communications skills and strong commercial awareness. Excellent relationship management skills – ability to manage key relationships and act independently.
What you’ll be doing?
- You will manage the independent reserve review to provide a second opinion on reserve recommendations of the actuarial teams within the company.
- You will lead of a team of analyst to complete an independent review of the company’s Insurance reserves twice a year.
- Preparing and presenting papers for the insurance risk committee, providing challenges and identifying areas requiring further support/investigation.
- Supporting other activities undertaken by the capital and reserving team, where required
- You will also contribute to the production of Solvency reports where required including the ORSA, Validation report, SFCR and RSR.
Experience you’ll need?
Qualified Actuary with 5+ years working experience in core Technical Reserving and some knowledge of Long-tail lines of business e.g. Employer’s Liability, Public Liability, Motor Injury etc.
About this client?
A global organisation with a unique culture. offering one of the best working environments in the industry. They don’t just talk agile working; it is fully embedded in their culture. The organisation offers fantastic growth opportunities.