This is an opportunity to join a leading insurance consulting business, where you’ll be working with major insurers around the world on issues that range from economic capital and regulatory change to the intricacies of hedging and other forms of asset-liability management.
Applying deep analytical skills to help insurers: Identify and deploy the metrics and methodologies that will meet their risk and capital management needs. Solve practical business problems, applying the latest techniques and software solutions to help grow revenue and create competitive advantage. Foresee and avoid major losses, enhance risk-adjusted returns, and establish and meet strategic objectives.
This is a role which offers extensive variety, reaching beyond the traditional actuarial scope.
- Significant experience in financial modelling, financial regulatory reporting and Solvency II.
- Experience in Igloo is highly desirable.
- Significant Capital Actuarial experience gained within a consulting firm, Insurance firm, or other financial services organization.
- London market experience would be a bonus.
- Minimum of a 2:1 result in a numerical degree subject (e.g. Mathematics, Engineering, Physics)
- Strong client relationship, interpersonal and team skills
- Well-developed verbal communication skills
- Self-starter attitude and ability to work within ambiguity
- Flexibility and proven ability to diagnose and resolve issues
- Strong analytical and creative skills
- Excellent MS Office knowledge
- The ability to see the “big picture”
- Significant progression through FIA/FFA exams or equivalent although alternative experience will be considered