Nearly/Newly Qualified Actuary – Reserving - Ref:1418
A fantastic opening has come about within a global general insurer based in their London office. The role will see you join a team working on a wide variety of lines of business including Aviation, Energy, Marine, Professional Indemnity, Property & Casualty and Retail lines to mention a few. It will also give the person great geographical coverage from London market to Europe, the Middle East and the rest of the world seeing you liaising with different departments including claims, finance underwriting and pricing departments. The role offers much more than BAU work and will see you work on special projects on areas such as acquisitions, transformation and divestments. Communication being a big part of this role you will have client facing/senior stakeholder management duties as well as being involved in training, delegating and reviewing work of junior analysts below you.
- Nearly/Newly qualified actuary (or equivalent)
- Strong experience within reserving would give a distinct advantage
- London market experience preferred – however strong reserving experience elsewhere would be considered.
- Good general insurance market knowledge
- Strong communication skills – important - ability to communicate up and down is key
- Modelling experience and software e.g. ResQ or equivalent reserving software exposure
A serial award winning global insurer with 10,000 plus employees and coverage in over 30 countries worldwide. The business is known for its core values of the team being at the heart of what it does both in and outside the work place. The business has a flat structure with everyone having easy access to each other and the chance for people rotate to gain experience in other areas.