Actuarial Analyst REF: NA1606
Category: Actuarial | Location: London | Sector: Life Insurance | Salary: £35,000 - £55,000 + Benefits | Type: Permanent
The role offers the opportunity to:
- Work with Corporate actuarial teams across the company to share knowledge and best practice as well as work in cross functional teams on key projects
- Consolidate quarterly/annual valuation results and calculating corporate-level adjustments, including analysis and communication of results.
- Calculate Division economic capital results, including analysis and commentary on results.
- Produce Division management information.
- Participate in Division projects.
- Participate in the annual business planning exercise.
- Test developments to the MoSes corporate model as well as base lining.
- Demonstrates an appropriate level of technical skills for their role and an appreciation of current issues affecting their profession and the life reinsurance industry.
- Takes responsibility for the quality, completeness and accuracy of work.
- Shows initiative, flexibility and resourcefulness.
- Critically evaluates and challenges current work practices.
- Is able to deal with challenging deadlines and prioritises effectively.
- Provides accurate and timely updates on status of work and escalates issues appropriately.
- Participates actively in meetings, has ‘meeting presence’.
- Is a committed team member who shares information, knowledge, and experience openly.
- Communicates in a clear and practical manner both verbally and in writing.
- Good understanding of various statutory and regulatory reporting bases, e.g. Solvency II and UK IFRS.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Competent user of Microsoft Excel.
- Competent user of the MoSes (or similar) actuarial modelling platform.
- Work for a world leading provider of life insurance and risk management solutions
- Work for an organisation with a people focused culture
- Gain from flexible working hours
- Gain from high class training
- Be part of an organisation which helps to progress your career further