Consultant/Senior Consultant REF: NA1598
Category: Actuarial | Location: London | Sector: Insurance | Salary: + Benefits | Type: Permanent
- Specialise in modelling risks such as the future movements of UK and international economic markets and longevity rates.
- Be involved in the more technical aspects of actuarial and banking work including proxy modelling, risk modelling and stochastic economic scenario modelling.
- Research potential enhancements to modelling approaches and writing research papers the findings.
- Design, implement and test risk & valuation models for major companies to help these companies comply with the latest financial regulations
- Be responsible for the development of the company’s stochastic economic scenario modelling suite, XSG, and developing solutions to difficult client problems in the capital model area.
- Manage small teams of junior actuarial trainees as part of a larger project, including performance management;
- Have extensive client contact, including dealing with queries, attending meetings with support and working on client sites;
- Contribute to practice management, for example mentoring less experienced colleagues and involvement in recruitment.
- Highly mathematical
- Adept at solving problems
- Sharp and analytical
- A team player
- Driven and highly committed
- Be part of an organisation that makes an impact that matter for their clients, people and society
- Be part of an organisation with a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work
- Be part of an organisation which values innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service
- Be part of an organisation which values difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture
- Be part of an organisation which supports agile working arrangements
- Be part of an organisation which offers continuous high-class training