Actuarial Contractor REF: NA1594
Category: Actuarial | Location: South East | Sector: Insurance | Salary: £810 per day + Benefits | Type: Contract
- Support and assist the Reserving Actuary with the objectives of that area.
- Support the Reserving Actuary in the year-end reserving process which will include
- Quarterly S2 best estimate technical provisions
- Analysis to support management selected Quarterly UK GAAP provisions (including scenario modelling)
- Projections of reserves
- Contribute to regulatory and statutory reporting concerning reserve related outputs
- Production of management information relevant to reserving
- Governance of the actuarial reserving process including data governance and documentation
- Strong experience of reserving and Solvency II.
- Strong experience of Actuarial work related to Reserving gained in a general insurance company or consultancy.
- Experience of interactions with stakeholders at a range of levels
- Knowledge of actuarial techniques, market practice, relevant legislation and insurance market environment, awareness of emerging market developments
- Good understanding of general insurance company operations
- Ability to work to a high degree of accuracy
- Lateral thinker and able to use own initiative
- Good analytical skills
- Good communication skills especially with non-technical business partners
- Strong PC skills, particularly Excel / Access.