Reserving Manager REF: MG0118
Category: Actuarial | Location: South East | Sector: General Insurance | Salary: + Benefits | Type: Permanent
Role purpose: An exciting opportunity has come about for a reserving actuary with people management experience looking for a new challenge. The role offers the opportunity to:
- Lead, plan, manage and deliver reserving, forecasting and monitoring data to produce insightful analysis in a timely and accurate manner.
- Lead and role model effective performance management and development for the team.
- Carry out review of results, produce reports and deliver presentations to a high standard for final sign off by Actuarial Director.
- Ensure models researched and built for reserving or other applications, use appropriate techniques and data and are effective, efficient, high quality, well documented and verifiable.
- Ensure review and consideration of the outcome of the collective analysis & strategic implications; constantly identify, review, and amend the reserving models and data processes to enable tasks to be completed in a more efficient and accurate manner.
- Lead and role model the effective performance management and development of the team Analysts; review work, considering the outcome of the specific task; provide feedback and create opportunities for learning in day to day activities; delegate work to Analysts to develop their skills and experience.
- Communicate effectively within the team and to external stakeholders to ensure thorough and accurate understanding of issues and resolutions. Build strong stakeholder relationships and organisational network.
- UK Motor Reserving technical subject matter expertise
- Qualified Actuary
- People management experience
- Strong communication and senior stakeholder management skills